AVG Antivirus has been fighting various virus threats for 27 years. During this period, the antivirus which was launched for the first time in the Czech Republic was continuously being developed to anticipate virus attacks that were increasingly varied from time to time. Now this security product has been relied on by millions of users around the world to secure their data from malware threats.
On the official website, there are two versions of the AVG AntiVirus installer, namely online and offline installers. The online installer has a much smaller file size (about 266 KB) but requires an internet connection during installation and whether or not the installation process is fast depends on the user’s internet speed. On the other hand, the offline installer has a file size of around 354 MB but the installation process is much faster.
AVG Antivirus Features
In the installation process, users are given the freedom to choose the features they want to use. The more features selected, the file size of AVG AntiVirus will be larger and its performance will require more resources as well. To assist users in choosing, each of these features is accompanied by a little information about its function.
- The main feature of AVG AntiVirus is File Shield which provides real-time protection. This feature analyzes each file to ensure that none of them contains malicious code that can threaten system security. To strengthen File Shield, a Behavior Shield feature is also provided which functions to monitor the behavior of the software being run.
- On the other hand, the Email Shield feature must be activated if you use an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird where every message is downloaded and stored on the computer. If you often get spam emails, or often click on links and open attachments in emails that come from unknown parties, it’s better to never turn off this feature.
- A feature that is also important but can make browsing a little slower is Web Shield. This feature scans the content of every web page the user opens. Websites that use the HTTPS protocol are also scanned.
- A feature that has absolutely nothing to do with viruses is SafePrice which is a browser extension. SafePrice is only suitable if you often shop online because its function is to find the lowest price.
- Another feature that does not have any role in preventing viruses is File Shredder. Its function is to delete files permanently. With this feature, every deleted file will undergo an overwriting process where the file is overwritten with random data.
Download the Latest AVG Antivirus
With over 27 years of experience, it’s hard not to look at AVG AntiVirus as an option, especially if you’re looking for a free security solution. It is easy to use, regularly updated and always gets good scores in tests conducted by independent research institutes such as AV-Test and AV-Comparatives. Download the latest and free AVG Antivirus via the link below: